30 December, 2008

Truth About Computer Professionals

A project manager, a computer programmer and a computer operator are driving down the road when the car they are in gets a flat tire. The three men try to solve the problem.

The project manager: "Let's catch a cab and in ten minutes we'll reach our destination."

The computer programmer: "We have here the driver's guide. I can easily replace the flat tire and continue our drive."

The computer operator: "First of all, let's turn off the engine and turn it on again. Maybe it will fix the problem."

Suddenly a Microsoft software engineer passed by and said: "Try to close all windows, get off the car and then get in and try again."


////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


A Software Engineer, a Hardware Engineer and a Departmental Manager were on their way to a meeting. They were driving down a steep mountain road when suddenly the brakes on their car failed. The car careened almost out of control down the road, bouncing off the crash barriers, until it miraculously ground to a halt scraping along the mountainside. The car's occupants, shaken but unhurt, now had a problem: they were stuck halfway down a mountain in a car with no brakes. What were they to do?

Departmental Manager: "Let's have a meeting, propose a Vision, formulate a Mission Statement, define some Goals and by a process of Continuous Improvement find a solution to the Critical
Problems, and we can be on our way."

Hardware Engineer: "No, that will take far too long and besides, that method has never worked before. I've got my Swiss Army knife with me, and in no time at all I can strip down the car's braking system, isolate the fault, fix it and we can be on our way."

Software Engineer: "Before we do anything, I think we should push the car back up the road and see if it happens again


///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


Once a programmer drowned in the sea. Many Marines where at that time on the beach, but the programmer was shouting "F1!!! F1!!!" and nobody understood it


/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


They say that the new super computer knows everything. A skeptical man came and asked the computer "Where is my father?"

The computer bleeped for a short while and then came back with "Your father is fishing in Michigan."

The skeptical man said triumphantly "You see? I knew this was nonsense. My father has been dead for twenty years."

"No", replied the super computer immediately, "your mother's husband has been dead for twenty years. Your father just landed a three pound trout


//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


A grade school teacher was asking his pupils what their parents did for a living. "Tim, you be first. What does your mother do all day?"

Tim stood up and proudly said "She's a doctor."
"That's wonderful. How about you, Amy?"

Amy shyly stood up, scuffed her feet and said "My father is a mailman."
"Thank you, Amy" said the teacher. "What does your parent do, Billy?"

Billy proudly stood up and announced "My daddy plays piano in a whorehouse."
The teacher was aghast and went to Billy's house and rang the bell. Billy's father answered the
door. The teacher explained what his son had said and demanded an explanation. Billy's dad said
"I'm actually a system programmer specializing in TCP/IP communication protocol on UNIX systems. How can I explain a thing like that to a seven-year-old?"


////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


A programmer was walking along the beach when he found a lamp. Upon rubbing the lamp a genie appeared who stated "I am the most powerful genie in the world. I can grant you any wish you want, but only one wish."

The programmer pulled out a map of the Mediterranean area and said "I'd like there to be a just and last peace among the people in the middle east."

Genie: "Gee, I don't know. Those people have been fighting since the beginning of time. I can do just about anything, but this is beyond my limits."

Programmer: "Well, I am a programmer and my programs have a lot of users. Please make all the users satisfied with my programs and let them ask sensible changes."

Genie: "Uh, let me see that map again."



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Articles


Related Article Widget by Hoctro